Azure is Microsofts cloud computing platform, a growing collection of integrated services”analytics, computing, database, mobile, networking, storage, and web”for moving faster, achieving more, and saving money.
Conceptually, here is a view of Azure
Here’s what else Azure is
- It delivers unmatched productivity
- Any developer or IT professional can be productive with Azure. Azures integrated tools, pre-built templates, and managed services make it easier to build and manage enterprise, mobile, web, and Internet of Things (IoT) apps faster, using skills developers and IT professionals already have and technologies they already know. Microsoft is also the only vendor positioned as a Leader in Gartners Magic Quadrants for Cloud Infrastructure as a Service, Application Platform as a Service, and Cloud Storage Services for the second consecutive year.
- Its open and flexible
- It works with existing IT
- Some cloud providers make you choose between your datacenter and the cloud. Not Azure, which easily integrates with your existing IT environment through the largest network of secure private connections, hybrid database and storage solutions, and data residency and encryption features”so your assets stay right where you need them. You can even run Azure in your own datacenter with Azure Stack. Azures hybrid cloud solutions give you the best of both worlds: more IT options, less complexity and cost.
- Its built to protect your data
- We know some organizations are still wary of the cloud. Thats why Microsoft has made an industry-leading commitment to the protection and privacy of your data. We were the first cloud provider recognized by the European Unions data protection authorities for our commitment to rigorous EU privacy laws. Microsoft was also the first major cloud provider to adopt the new international cloud privacy standard, ISO 27018. We also launched Azure Government, a stand-alone version of Azure designed to meet the rigorous compliance requirements of U.S. public agencies.
- Its everywhere
- Azure runs on a worldwide network of Microsoft-managed datacenters across 19 regions”more countries and regions than Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud combined. This fast-growing global footprint gives you lots of options for running applications and ensuring great customer performance. Azure is also the first multinational cloud provider in mainland China.
- Its ready for any business
- From small dev-test projects to global product launches, Azure is engineered to handle any workload. More than 57% of Fortune 500 companies rely on Azure, which offers enterprise grade SLAs on services, 24×7 tech support, and round-the-clock service health monitoring. Customers include 3M, AccuWeather, CondÃ© Nast, Diebold, GE Healthcare, HarperCollins, Heineken, LG, NBC, Pier 1 Imports, Real Madrid, Saab, Samsung, Trek, Xerox¦and many, many more.
- Its economical and scalable
- Azures pay-as-you-go services can quickly scale up or down to match demand, so you only pay for what you use. Per-minute billing and a commitment to match competitor prices for popular infrastructure services like compute, storage, and bandwidth means youre always getting unbeatable price for performance.
- It enables you to unlock insights
- Azures predictive analytics services like Machine Learning, Power BI and Stream Analytics are redefining business intelligence. Make smarter decisions, improve customer service, and uncover new business possibilities from your structured, unstructured, and streaming Internet of Things data.
Contact us today to discuss your companys goals and to learn how we can help.