Today, we began rolling out new benefits for Office 365 Home and Office 365 Personal subscribers who use Outlook.com. These premium email features include an ad-free inbox, enhanced protection against malware and phishing, larger mailbox sizes, and premium customer support. In the coming months, we’ll be introducing additional premium Outlook.com features to make personal email and calendar experiences for Office 365 subscribers more powerful, productive, and secure.
An ad-free experience
The Outlook.com interface is now free of ads for Office 365 Home and Office 365 Personal subscribers. This includes banner ads as well as advertisements in the message list—commonly referred to as native ads. Without ads, you’ll have less distractions and faster page load times, so you can be more focused and have a better email experience.
Sophisticated protection against email threats
Email is one of the most popular ways that criminals trick people into giving away their passwords or downloading viruses and ransomware. That’s why all Outlook.com accounts already feature robust spam and virus filtering and support from a global security team that works tirelessly to stop these threats.
For Office 365 Home and Office 365 Personal subscribers, we now offer additional security against the most sophisticated types of threats in two ways:
- Scanning attachments—Sophisticated techniques detect new types of malware previously not seen, giving you protection against today’s most advanced threats.
- Checking links—When you click a link in an email, it is checked in real-time to determine if the destination website is likely to download viruses or malware onto your computer. If the site is found to be malicious, a warning screen alerts you not to access the site.
More mailbox storage
In our new Office 365–based infrastructure, a free Outlook.com account now receives 15 GB of email storage space. Office 365 Home and Office 365 Personal subscribers enjoy even larger amounts of storage: 50 GB of space in total. Today, we’re also boosting storage limits to 50 GB for all our loyal Outlook.com users whose mailbox size is 12 GB or larger.
If you need help on an Outlook.com account issue, you’ll receive free technical support as an Office 365 subscriber. Whether you call us on the phone or reach out via in-app support, you get our highest levels of care and support.
How to get started
Getting started and using these premium features in Outlook.com is easy.
- It’s automatic—We activate the premium Outlook.com benefits based on the email address you used to sign up for your Office 365 subscription. Addresses ending in @outlook.com, @hotmail.com, @live.com, and @msn.com all qualify. Please note that if you use the Connected Accounts feature to access a @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, or other third-party account from Outlook.com—the advanced email security features do not apply to these accounts.
- You can share the benefits—If you have an Office 365 Home subscription and share your Office 365 benefits with others, they will get these benefits for their Outlook.com mailboxes—including the advanced security, ad-free experience, and 50 GB of email storage.
- The rollout is underway—We’ve already begun rolling these capabilities out to Office 365 Home and Office 365 Personal subscribers worldwide. The process of updating all accounts will take about one month. So if you don’t see them right away, don’t worry—they are on the way.
To learn more about the features and see a list of frequently asked questions, please check out the Premium Outlook.com features for Office 365 subscribers help topic.
We hope you enjoy these new benefits, and we look forward to bringing even more premium value to Office 365 Home and Office 365 Personal subscribers in the months ahead!
—The Outlook.com team
The post Premium Outlook.com features now available to Office 365 subscribers appeared first on Office Blogs.